The camera is equipped with fully processed D3S matrix with a resolution of 12.1 million effective pixels. As producer declares, due to the large step between pixels, with a fully modified internal structure that allows D3S camera to take pictures in low light conditions. The sensitivity range from 200 to 12 800 units of ISO with the four stages provides an opportunity to perform photo and video in conditions of insufficient ambient light to the implementation of the minimum amount of processing to ensure the sharpness and detail that, according to the company, it is important to take reports and sports competitions.
In addition, Nikon D3S is the first camera that provides at least three levels of increasing ISO sensitivity to the level of Hi-3 (equivalent to ISO 102 400 units).
D3S equipped with a new feature video with digital SLR cameras, which use creative effects. Videos are recorded in 720p and 24 frames per second in Motion JPEG format with stereo sound.
As an autofocus system used a proprietary Nikon Multi-CAM3500 from 51 focus point of high density and 15 sensitive points of intersection. System of Contrast-detect autofocus camera D3S configured to support autofocus during video recording mode and framing on the monitor.
Key features of Nikon D3S:
- CMOS sensor FX format 12.1 megapixel resolution (in full-frame)
- 200 - 12 800 units of ISO
- Sequential shooting at 9 frames per second (11 frames per second in framing DX)
- D-Movie function that captures HD video with stereo sound
- AF System of Multi-CAM3500FX with 51-point
- EXPEED image processing system with 14-bit ADC and 16-bit image processing
- 3-inch LCD monitor VGA resolution (920 thousand pixels)
- Three modes of framing
- The built-in processing images in RAW format
- Silent shooting mode
- The closure of an alloy of carbon fiber and Kevlar
- Housing made of magnesium alloy
- Support for wireless local area networks and Ethernet (opt. optional)
- Dimensions: 159,5 h157h87, 5 mm
- Weight: 1240 gr.