A little over a year ago, the developers of Wi-Fi announced Alliance is a new specification standard Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and promised her entrance in 2010.Well, you can put in their punctuality example many others – yesterday was officially announced begin certification of devices for compliance against the standard Wi-Fi Direct.
The main feature of devices supporting Wi-Fi Direct will be able to create a connection without the need to connect to home or work network, just as now use Bluetooth.
Another good news for owners of devices supporting Wi-Fi is the new standard will enable devices certified to connect to a Wi-Fi gadgets without Direct support for Wi-Fi.While some manufacturers may even offer a software update to start a new standard (on site, Wi-Fi Alliance stated that the new technology there is no need to upgrade hardware).
Currently certified Wi-Fi Direct has the following products:
• NIC Atheros XSPAN Dual-band 802 .11n PCIe Mini Card (AR928x)
• Wireless adapters (draft) Broadcom BCM43224 Dual-Band 802 .11n 2 × 2 MIMO Half PCIe Mini Card
• Network card Intel Centrino Advanced N-6200
• Ralink MIMObility network card 802 .11n Half-life 2 x 2 PCIe Mini Card
• NIC Realtek RTL8192CE-VA4 HM92C00 PCIe mini card